Vegan Halloween Recipe - Zombie Cupcakes
Yeah, I am the Astro Creep
A demolition style
Hell American freak, yeah
I am the crawling dead
A phantom in a box
Shadow in your head say
Acid, suicide freedom of the blast
Read the fucking lies, yeah
Scratch off the broken skin
Tear into my heart make
Me do it again yeah
More Human Than Human More Human Than Human More Human Than Human
Today we are having some Halloween fun, but with a message. The Astro Creep is still out there, the crawling dead coming for you, out of the television (that song is from 1995!), and now also all the social media we are consuming, while it consumes us.. Dark? Well, it is Halloween after all. Creepy and spooky enough for you?
But seriously, how cute are these White Zombie inspired zombie cupcakes?! These delicious vegan Zombie Cupcakes topped with vegan chocolate are sure to satisfy any brain-starved zombie you may have dropping by this Halloween.
1 1/3 Cup oat flour
½ Cup coconut sugar
½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tsp baking powder
¼ Tsp baking soda
¼ Tsp salt
½ Cup dairy-free chocolate chips
¾ Cup almond milk
2/3 Cup applesauce
¼ Cup hazelnut butter
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 ½ Cup whipping cream
1 ½ - 2 Tbsp beetroot powder
1 Tbsp agave
1 Tsp pectin powder
3-4 Tbsp water
1 Cup dairy-free white chocolate
2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 360 F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and stir with a whisk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and using a hand mixer, mix everything until well combined.
4. Finally, stir in the vegan chocolate chips. Divide the batter among the wells of the muffin pan.
5. Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely before decorating.
6. Remove the paper liners from the muffins. Mix the white chocolate with some turmeric and spirulina powder, until a nice green color is formed. Dip the muffin in the green chocolate and place them on a wire rack until the chocolate hardens.
7. Using a piping bag, pipe mouths from dark chocolate. Stick up the eyeballs.
8. Using a hand mixer, beat the whipping cream with some beetroot powder. Pipe brains.
9. In a small bowl, add agave, pectin, remaining beetroot powder and water. Stir well and drizzle the brains to imitate blood. Enjoy!